Are you interested in an exciting career in the Air Force Reserve? See If You Qualify Click Here Now!
Prior Service Cash Bonuses Up To $150,000 For Selected Military Programs. Click For Info
Military Pay Chart - Army
Army, the armed force of any nation, refers to the total military
land force of a country. It includes infantry, armored vehicles,
artillery, different support troops and engineers, transportation,
medical care and so on. The Army is the branch of US Army.
Every nation has an army comprising of both men and women. However,
the training and maintenance differ from country to country. During
the First World War, the single-entity of the US Army formed the
National Army as the call-up force to fight conflict. This was
the Officer/Enlisted Reserve Corps (ERC and ORC) existing simultaneously
with the Regular Army.
Today the US Army has two divisions – Regular Army and
Army Reserve. All National Guard Members are members of Army Reserve.
They have two positions – Guardsman under the authority
of State Adjutant General and Army Reserve under Army Human Resource
Command authority. Such units are a part of the peacekeeping forces
in Kosovo, 2003 invasion of Iraq and the Gulf War.
A ‘Soldier’ is a member of the US Army that has function-based
- Infantry, Armor, Cavalry and Special forces form the Combat
- Artillery, Army Aviation, Army Corps of Engineers, Quartermaster
Corps, Medical Corps, Transportation Corps, Ordnance Corps,
Adjutant General’s Corps, Signal Corps, Intelligence Corps
and the Judge Advocate General’s Corps form the Combat
The structure of the US Army is as follows:-
- The four-star level is the general (GEN) field army.
- The three-star level is the Corps consisting of two or more
divisions with organic support brigades headed by Commanders
- Military division Commanders are
generally two star levels (MG).
- A Colonel commands a Brigade/Group.
- A Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) supported by a Command Sergeant
Major/E-9 (CSM) commands a cavalry battalion.
- A Captain (CPT) supported by a First Sergeant/E-8(1SG) leads
- A Lieutenant supported by a Sergeant First Class/E-7(SFC)
- Staff Sergeants direct sections.
- Sergeants/E-5(SGT) lead Squads.
- A Corporal (E-4(CPL) along with a grenadier and two riflemen
is the fire team.